Monday, January 09, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I usually don't bother with New Year's Resolutions. I always resolve the same thing: Lose 25 pounds. Its more like a New Year's Wish though. In all these years, I've never actually done it. But, this year I am motivated. I realized there are things I really want to change about myself. So, here they are for the world to see. My 2006 year's resolutions:

1.) Lose 15 pounds. (Losing weight will always be on the list no matter how unlikely it is.)

2.) Arrive at least 10 minutes early to everything. People who know me will appreciate this. In fact, I secretly suspect that this was on other people's new year's wish list. I'm always trying to squeeze that last tiny task in before I go somewhere - doing the dishes, mailing a letter, paying a bill, whatever. I always procrastinate in some way. I'm not sure why. Its just something I do. And I inevitably feel very guilty and slovenly, especially when I make important friends wait. But, I'm going to change. I'm not sure how, but it will happen. If you have any suggestions for making yourself be on time, let me know.

3.) Eat at least one vegetable serving a day. Sadly, this will actually be an improvement.

4.) Dress better. This sort of goes with the "be early" one. I always end up dressing crappy for stuff because I wait until the last minute to get ready. Then I start piddling around reading blogs or some crap and then I have to rush to finish. I've also given myself all sorts of allowances for living in two different states. I don't make myself go shopping for clothes and have even convinced myself that I'm saving money for the house. Of course its bullcrap because I buy shoes at whim and never actually wear them. Anyway, I realized I've become a slob. This one I've decided not to start until Resolution 1 is complete or April, whichever comes first.

So, that's my sad, pathetic little list. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jamie said...

I won't make any New Year's Resolutions. That way I can't disappoint myself.

But I could easily take your list minus one and make it mine. Meaning: I should lose some weight, eat more vegetables and dress better.

The good thing is I hardly ever am late. In fact, I mastered the 10-minutes-early thing quite well. But that doesn't mean I'm a planning master, it just means that I take this one thing really important and am sloppy about the rest as well.

January 10, 2006 at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home